Lead Graphic Designer
Vituity | August 2014 – Present | San Francisco Bay Area
Marketing team’s lead visual communicator and storyteller, able to create, execute and art direct compelling narratives that engage audiences and support business objectives.
Translate Vituity’s strategic business goals into actionable design solutions, establish the conceptual and stylistic direction for design staff and orchestrate their work, as well as the work of production professionals/freelancers. Foster an environment that inspires and nurtures direct reports so they are fully engaged with their work, have clear direction for their professional development and continued coaching on how to best live the values of the organization.
- Execute design from concept to publication graphics and layout for print & digital
- Advertising, direct mail, tradeshow booths, webpages, and more.
- Collaborate with marketing team through the AGILE process to strategize and create visual representations of written content for use in social media, print & digital collateral, web, and presentations, including a heavy emphasis on infographics.
- Provide design support for requests from internal stakeholders including: presentation development, site requests, patient and physician referral campaigns, trade shows, the annual meetings and practice management tools.
- Assign work to, manage, and art direct in-house and freelance designers
- Ensure designers’ work product meets all design and brand standards.
- Identify and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure brand integrity across touch points
Senior Design Associate
Dudum Real Estate Group | November 2013 – Present | San Francisco Bay Area
- On a daily basis I work with some of the finest folks, directing and focusing their sales and marketing visual communications needs. Real Estate is a new industry for me and I've been enjoying investigating and researching its detailed aspects and nuances in order to generate focused and innovative marketing initiatives.
- Heavy focus on print materials produced for consumers - direct mail pieces, showcase and presentation materials, business cards, magazine and newspaper advertising along with signage.
- Logo and branding design for individual agents as well as associated organizations, such as Contra Costa Real Estate In Motion's Fit2Serve initiative.
- Copywriting for effective and evocative marketing messages.
Visual Communications Consultant
Freelance | 2013– Present | San Francisco Bay Area
Working with Bay Area companies to define their visual communications needs and then design processes and strategies for application across various media.
Senior Graphic Designer
RealNetworks, Inc. | May 2002 – November 2012 | Reston, VA and New York, NY and San Francisco, CA
- Boosted digital music sales for record labels such as Sony Music, Universal Music Group, EMI and Warner Music Group in conjunction with wireless carriers such as Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint through design and production of impactful visuals for artist promotions via the web
- Grew Echo's (a RealNetworks product) Facebook fan-base from 0 to 2272 fans to drive new product awareness by designing compelling web and mobile site visuals for promotional contests by such artists as Alicia Keys, Snoop Dogg and Monica. Also wrote the marketing copy for page's FB posts along with maintaining fresh page content for fan retention.
- Collaborated with internal product teams to establish conceptual and stylistic direction for a variety of products. These design solutions included deliverables such as branding campaigns, logo design, trade show booths, websites, mobile apps, storyboarding and sales presentations.
- Coordinated a variety of vendors (printers, outside design agencies, production studios and developers) to ensure all project requirements arrived to spec and on deadline.
WDCA My20 | October 2001– December 2001 Washington D.C. Metro Area
- Designed graphics for "lower third".
- Created web banner promotions for WDCA website.
- Designed and animated graphics for station themed programming (ex. Arnold Schwarzenegger movie weekend or "LOVE" episodes of Seinfeld).
- Conceptualized and designed holiday themed station ID spots.
Henninger Media Services | May 2001 – September 2001 | Arlington, VA
- Designed graphical themes and associated assets for use in pitches of television series
and documentaries to networks such as National Geographic, Animal Planet, Discovery
and the Travel Channel.
- Designed DVD covers for recently produced television series and documentaries.